Swimming is a wonderful pastime for children and adults and is a great way to keep in shape. It’s also a necessary skill for children if you and your family take regular trips to the seaside, either at home or abroad. There are various swimming schools operating in and around Nottingham, some of which provide swimming lessons for children from birth. Here’s where to find them.
• Offers Adult and Baby/Child Lessons for 0 to 4 years (with parent or carer in the water)
• Foundation and Stage Awards (1-10) for 4 years and over
• Over 8 years and Teens for children aged 8 years and over
Nottingham University’s Department of Sport Swim School David Ross Sports Village, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD 0115 748 7000 Website: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk
• Runs swimming lessons for children aged three and up
• £54 per swimmer per term
• 12 week terms
• Monday and Tuesday afternoons and early evenings, Saturday and Sunday mornings
Roko Health Club, West Bridgford Wilford Lane, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7RN 0115 982 7799 Website: https://www.roko.co.uk
• Parents and baby/toddler classes for children aged 3 months to 3 years
• Preschool and older children swim classes for kids aged 4 and over
• Small class sizes
• Lessons start from £6 for group lessons.
Do your children go to a fantastic swim school that we have missed from our list? Please feel free to leave a comment and we’ll add it to the article!