With winter fast approaching, now is the time to start planning some indoor activities to escape the chilly winter days. Conkers, located 45 minutes drive from Nottingham’s city centre in Derbyshire, has a heap of indoor activities for kids to enjoy when the weather gets a bit too much. From the unique 4D Cinema with lightning and smells, to the Tree Top Walk and the new Paint a Pot Pavilion, Conkers is guaranteed to keep the kids amused for hours.
The Mine Shaft (Image: Conkers website)
Enchanted Forest Play Zone • Play area with bats and spiders!
• Watch out for the scary troll!
Tree Top Walk • A moving bridge through the skies
• At the end is the Mine Shaft – the only way down!
Discovery Centre • Designed for children and adults of all ages
• Over 100 indoor interactive exhibits over four seasonal zones
• Takes a detailed look at British Woodland
The Discovery Centre (Image: Conkers website)
4D Cinema Experience • Immerse yourself into a world of special effects, including smells and lightning – it’s the ultimate cinema experience!
• Located in the Discovery Centre
• Don’t miss the special Christmas themed film, complete with special effects wind and snow!
Image: Conkers website
The 4D Cinema at Conkers (Image: Conkers website)
Paint a Pot Pavilion • A new activity run during school holidays only
• Suitable for all ages
• Lots of different pots to choose from – pick your own colours and create a masterpiece!
• Perfect for creating unique gifts to mum and dad from the kids
• Prices start from £5
Special Events Conkers runs a number of events throughout the year, including the Winter Wonderland during December, school holiday events and even adults only events!
Paint A Pot at Conkers (Image: Conkers website)
For even MORE indoor activities, read on here. There are, of course, also a HUGE range of outdoor activities on offer, including the viewing tower, Twisty Towers Playground, Playdale Adventure, the Aerial Adventure and so much more. If you’re a teacher, enquire about the Educational Programmes on offer.
Essential information Conkers
Address: Rawdon Rd, Ashby-de-la-Zouch DE12 6GA
Phone: 01283 216633
Cost of entry: Adult standard day ticket, £9.05, child standard day ticket £8.14, concession £7.51, children under 2 years free. Family ticket £35.95