Gluten intolerance and coeliac disease is becoming more widespread, with more and more people in the UK being diagnosed than ever. As there is no current cure for either of these disorders, the only real treatment is a lifelong diet free from gluten and wheat products. Given this, many cafes and restaurants are offering gluten free options on their menus, including breads, cakes and pasta – all of which contain gluten and wheat. If you are gluten intolerant or have coeliac disease, the Nottingham area has some great places to eat that do have gluten-free options available. Here’s where to find them.
• 100% gluten free tea room in Arnold
• Open for breakfast and lunch
• All items are available gluten free, including cooked breakfasts, jacket potatoes and fillings and sandwiches, plus afternoon tea
• Children’s menu available
• Gluten free options include sliced bread, Panini, bagels, sandwich fillings, Kettle Crisps and Mayonnaise
• Cooked breakfasts including gluten free sauages!
• Sells gluten free cakes and cookies including frut cake, loaf cake, Battenburg, Bakewell Slice and more
• Large selection of sandwiches, bagels and toasties plus salads and jacket potatoes