For new mums, breastfeeding can be a breeze, but for others, it can be a real struggle. Sometimes, you just need a little help with this often-challenging introduction to motherhood.
You may be experiencing issues with latching, which can lead to excruciating breast and nipple pain, and even bleeding, or you may feel like your baby isn’t getting enough milk.
Perhaps you are a second or third time mum having troubles feeding that you didn’t experience with your first baby. Many mums may not even be aware that there are a range of breastfeeding support services available throughout Nottingham.
If you need help, here’s where you can go for a bit of extra support with breastfeeding your baby.
Editor’s note – we have included details and extra information where possible, however, please contact the individual service or venue for further information.
Bulwell Riverside Youth and Play Main Street, Bulwell NG6 8QJ 01158 833 400
• Meets Thursdays between 10:30am and 12pm.
Carlton Breastfeeding Support Groups Park House Medical Centre, 61 Burton Road, Carlton, Nottingham NG4 3DQ
Groups are run at the following centres:
• Calverton Children’s Centre on Tuesdays from 1:30pm to 3pm – 01159 118 700
• Netherfield Children’s Centre on Thursdays from 12:30pm to 3pm – 01159 617616
• Killisick Children’s Centre on Fridays from 10am to 11:30am – 01159 931 467
• Park House Health Centre on Fridays from 1:30pm to 3pm – 01159 617 616
Clifton Young People’s Centre Green Lane, Clifton, NG11 9AY 01159 405 298
• Meets on Wednesdays from 10am to 11:30am
• Open to all breastfeeding mothers and those combining breastfeeding with formula feeding.
• Pregnant women welcome.
• Older siblings welcome.
• Operates all year round.
Hyson Green Health Education Centre Green Lane, Hyson Green, NG7 5HY 01158 838 229
• Meets Thursdays from 1:30pm to 3pm.
Radford Health Centre Ilkeston Road, Radford, NG7 3GW 01159 420 360
• Meets Mondays 1pm to 2pm.
Sherwood and Edward’s Lane Children’s Centre Perry Road, Sherwood, NG5 3AE 01159 153 801
• Meets every Thursday between 1pm and 3pm.
Sneinton Health Centre and MCO Centre Beaumont Street, Sneinton, NG2 4PJ Health Centre – 01158 838 602 MCO Centre – 01158 834 900
• Health Centre holds meetings every Wednesday except on the first of the month.
• MCO holds meetings every Monday except the third of each month.