Unless you’ve got babysitters readily available, getting to the cinema when you have a baby is hard work. It’s no fun missing out on the latest blockbuster films, but the cinemas of Nottingham have the solution – baby-friendly cinema sessions! Yep, that’s right – take your little one to the cinema with you for special baby-friendly movie screenings. Here’s where you’ll find baby-friendly cinemas in Nottingham.
• Runs their Bringing Up Baby cinema sessions
• Tickets are just £5.00 for you, free for babies under 12 months
• Films shown are those with a U, PG or 12A certificate
• During sessions, the lights are not completely dimmed and the sound is lower than usual for little ears
• Sessions are run monthly, with the schedule published around the 20th of each month for the following month
• Baby Picture screenings every Thursday
• Cinema has an area for prams
• Soft lighting in auditorium
• Lowered volume and soft lighting
• No trailers
• 2D films
• Mums and bubs are free to move as s needed during the screening
• Look out for the Cinebabies screenings
• Screenings happen on Monday mornings (excluding Bank Holidays) with varying times (see web site for details)
• Storage for pushchairs
• Nappy change facilities
• Lights dimmed
• Lower volume
Remember to always check with the venue that the times are correct and the screening is taking place before you head out. And don’t forget the bucket of popcorn!
Let our Youth Theatre take you on a magical journey deep into the world of tales as old as time, not so much fairytales, more like nightmares as we bring to life the folktales which are the basis of the stories we know today.